It is that time of year again, pumpkin season! Are you going to teach your students about pumpkins this fall? Then, you must check out the best pumpkin videos for your classroom. Your students will love learning about pumpkins with these fun videos. Many of them include real photos too!
1) How to Grow Pumpkins – Nestle Toll House: This video explains how pumpkins are grown, specifically a Libby’s pumpkin. I love the simple explanations and great visuals.
2) 8 Cool Facts About Pumpkins- Cooking with Abbey: I am sure your students will be able to relate to the little girl in the video. The pumpkin facts are totally awesome too!
3) Life Cycle of a Pumpkin- Amanda Ellis: These amazing photos are a great way to teach your class about the life cycle of a pumpkin. The video explains this life cycle in the form of a catchy song. Music is a great way for students to learn new concepts.
4) Life Cycle of a Pumpkin- EduPlace1: Another great life cycle video. The pictures are awesome too! This simple video is a great way to review the life cycle of a pumpkin.
5) Simple Addition Facts- The Axel Show: Your students will have fun with Axel as he tries to put the pumpkins back in the right order. Axel has to add the pumpkins together, then find the correct numbered pumpkin. This is a great way to introduce addition.
6) Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch- LittleStoryBug: Pumpkin patches are a great place to learn about pumpkins. Join Miss Tracy on her journey to the pumpkin patch. Your students will learn lots of information about pumpkins too.
7) The Spewing Pumpkin- The Quirkles: A great science experiment using a pumpkin! Students will learn how to make a chemical reaction and watch ooze move through the pumpkins nose, mouth, and eyes.
8) That’s How a Pumpkin Grows- Brian Vogan: A super simple song that talks about pumpkins. Your students will love the catchy tune and fun animations.
9) Pumpkin Life Cycle- Lisa Thomas: A kindergarten class talks about the life cycle of the pumpkin. The real photos are amazing too.
10) Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch- Family Fun Pack: Another fun pumpkin patch video. Your students will love watching this family at the pumpkin patch
11) How to Draw a Pumpkin- Art for Kids Hub: Need a art activity for your class? Have fun making a directed drawing with your students. This is also a great way for students to practice following directions.
If you are looking for more pumpkin science activities, then this Pumpkin Science Unit would be perfect for your classroom. You can view the lessons on an interactive whiteboard or laptop. Plus, there are extra printable activities. The unit also includes real photos that your students will love. Pumpkin Science Unit
What is your favorite pumpkin activities? Are there any that your students just love? Please leave a message in the comments below with your favorites.